Reinforced Boom 3m x 15cm
Oil spills on water are a huge threat to the environment and wildlife.
There are many contributing environmental factors to consider in the instance of an oil spill — contaminated water absorbing into soil and damaging plant growth, or the contamination of groundwater, nearby rivers, or streams.
The Containment Boom can quickly absorb up to 19 times its own weight in oil and will remain floating much longer than competing poly booms.
As an environmentally-friendly alternative to synthetic polypropylene products, Booms contain XtraSorb, a treated cellulose material and are contained in a strong poly inner netting and a durable outer jacket with ties and clips for connecting multiple booms together.
For use on water to both contain and absorb oil and fuel spills. Booms are commonly used for small marinas, collection ponds, dams and wastewater collection pits. Suitable for the automotive, industrial, commercial markets, marine, waste management and manufacturing industries.
The Containment Boom is most effective when used in conjunction with KleenSweep and Oil Socks, and is an integral part of any spill response system.
- User friendly — quick, lightweight and easy to use.
- High absorption — each Reinforced Boom can absorb 65L of oil.
- Cost effective — rapid oil absorption. Needs to be replaced less often than polypropylene booms.
- Environmentally friendly — sorbent is manufactured from over 95% treated recycled organic materials. Low environmental toxicity if released. Sorbent is biodegradable in 2-5 months.
- Buoyancy — floats indefinitely.
- Easy disposal — can be discarded to landfill, incinerated or even composted.
Enquire about this product
All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual product may vary. All specifications are subject to change without notice.