Epsilon Dry Disconnect Couplings
OPW’s Epsilon™ coupling system was designed to prevent chemical spills and reduce fugitive emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), particularly in the process facility and during transfer to and from truck tanks and railroad tank cars. During in-plant chemical transfers, Epsilon™ Chemical Containment System will provide your plant with process flexibility while also improving operator safety and enhancing environmental compliance and reducing overall capital expenditures and operating costs.
Featuring an innovative double ball-valve system, Epsilon™ Dry Disconnect Couplings deliver the lowest product loss in the industry. A tactical balance of an unrestricted flow path and double shutoff reliability makes Epsilon™ the safest and most efficient coupling system in the world.
Features & Benefits
- Lowest fluid loss, driven by the innovative unique double ball-valve system, ensures the lowest product loss in the industry.
- Unparalleled safety with multiple interlocks that eliminate unintentional disconnects and chemical releases that could threaten worker safety and the environment.
- Full flow with unrestricted flow path. No turbulence!
- Optimal defense against cross-contamination with optional keyed couplings that mechanically lock out and isolate transfer lines.
- Engineered for easy operation and maintenance with no special tools needed for seal replacements.
- 316 Stainless or Hastelloy® Construction for critical, aggressive, corrosive fluids.
- 1″, 2″ and 3″ sizes
- Pressures up to 435 psi (30 bar)
- Ultra Low Spill Face Seal
- This seal reduces the amount of spillage at disconnect to .2 cc. This seal is not pressure assisted and should only be used for applications lower than 100 psi.
- Cavity Filled
- Designed to reduce the possibility of contamination by entrapment of process fluid in the void normally found behind the ball and the valve body. Ideal for applications where cross-contamination and cleanliness is a concern. Back side of the valve balls are bored for efficient cleaning.
- Keyed Couplings
- For extremely critical operations, Epsilonoffers the unique keyed interface which locks out and isolates transfer lines, preventing cross-contamination.
- Dual Ball Race (Optional)
- Radial swivel seal
- Replaces dynamic face seal
- Lower leak rate
- Lower seal mortality rate caused by over-compressing seal to install bearings
- Dual ball races with hardened stainless bearings
- Replaces PTFE sleeve bearing that may become overloaded and allow greater axial misalignment causing the dynamic face seal to leak
- Provides additional support for applications with long hose drops or high load requirements
- Spring energized dust seal
- Radial swivel seal
- Transportation Coupling System (TCS)
- Specially designed for railcar, truck, isotainer or tote equipment used in transporting chemicals safely. Contact us for more information.
Epsilon Low-Spill Coupling System
Epsilon is a low spill coupling, based on a double ball valve system integrating a sophisticated safety design. Beyond the common advantages of a ball valve design, Epsilon provides for product flow through an unrestricted flow path and double shut-off reliability in the coupling connection.
OPW Engineered Systems’ Epsilon™ Coupler: Maintenance and Repair
Detailed step-by-step instructions for the complete disassembly and reassembly of the Epsilon™ coupler. Epsilon comes in stainless steel or Hastelloy® and because of its double ball valve design, Epsilon is a sophisticated low spill coupling system. For the best in-plant chemical transfers, select OPW’s Epsilon. SHOW MORE
OPW Engineered Systems’ Epsilon™ Adaptor: Maintenance and Repair
Detailed step-by-step instructions for the complete disassembly and reassembly of the Epsilon™ coupler. Epsilon comes in stainless steel or Hastelloy® and because of its double ball valve design, Epsilon is a sophisticated low spill coupling system. For the best in-plant chemical transfers, select OPW’s Epsilon™.
Enquire about this product
All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual product may vary. All specifications are subject to change without notice.